FS: 1st Gen Driver's Side Mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have an OEM driver's side mirror off a 2000 Expedition XLT. It is power and heated. It is all black (does not have chrome or painted cap).

The assembly is broken where it folds, but everything else on it is 100%.

It would be good to use for parts if you needed to replace the glass, wiring, motor/heat, etc on another mirror.

I'll let it go to one of my buddies here on the forum for next to nothing as long as you pay shipping.

Let me know if anyone is interested. Thanks!

FRK

Reaction score
Mirror

I am interested in the mirror for the Ford Expedition, but need to know, I only need to replace the glass. Is this possible? Or does the entire unit need replacement?

Thanks,

My vehicle is Estate Green - 2000 Eddie Bauer

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
FRK, yes, it is possible to only replace the glass in the mirror. Now, with this being said, it is going to sound like you are destroying the mirror when pulling out the old glass and putting in the new. The inside of the mirror housing, you have 2 posts that are threaded and then you have a center post that is a friction clip. You will need to angle the mirror as far as you can (preferably electrically) to one side or the other (doesn't matter). Then you will want to slide your hand in and pull the glass part a little more and then from the center, pop the center point out of its socket. From there you can pull the first post the rest of the way out and the other post all the way. The mirror is going to make some horrendous noises. It is just the gears slipping past each other.

To install, center the mirror, push the mirror down some so the 2 geared posts get into their holes and start engaging and once you feel the mirror bottom out, push on the center of the mirror some to seat the mirror into the center friction cup.

OP
OP
R

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
FRK, I've still got the mirror. Just give me your zip code and I can get you a shipping estimate.

Thermo, thanks for telling him how to do it.

OP
OP
R

Remo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
$20 and its yours! Including shipping to any part of the continental US!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1