fuel filter expedition 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sulatek

Reaction score
Hello

Excuse me
an urgent questions
Where can I find the place of Expedition 2105 fuel filter?
Is there a video showing how to replace it?
Does it require reprogramming?

Thanks in advance

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hello

Excuse me
an urgent questions
Where can I find the place of Expedition 2105 fuel filter?
Is there a video showing how to replace it?
Does it require reprogramming?

Thanks in advance
The fuel filter in a 2015 is integrated with the fuel pump. There is no maintenance associated with it. Its a 'lifetime' component. Nobody believes it, but thats what Ford says.

11henrs

Reaction score
Same for the transit vans. I have one with 300k and another with 100k no issues with the fuel filter. We did get bad gas in one and dropping the tank to clean it out and it isn’t that bad. I was just told to run a system cleaner periodically but I haven’t. Still no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
The fuel filter in a 2015 is integrated with the fuel pump. There is no maintenance associated with it. Its a 'lifetime' component. Nobody believes it, but thats what Ford says.

---
maybe, however
For me I can not accept and believe that there is something that can be described as a lifetime

Unless Ford wants to hang many things connected,
for example
Describing the filter by lifetime and neglecting to replace it means later replacing it with a fuel pump, which is expensive

The fuel filter of a Ford Explorer is dirty
here is the photo and a video illustrating it
fuel-filter.jpg

OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
Same for the transit vans. I have one with 300k and another with 100k no issues with the fuel filter. We did get bad gas in one and dropping the tank to clean it out and it isn’t that bad. I was just told to run a system cleaner periodically but I haven’t. Still no issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks alot
This might be a little bit reassuring
But I will remain wary of this livetime issue
regarding to what we find in the fuel filters of very dirty fuel may damage the fuel pump

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a simple reason for the modern "lifetime" fluids and filters : cars and trucks that last too long are really bad for the dealerships' bottom lines!

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
There's a simple reason for the modern "lifetime" fluids and filters : cars and trucks that last too long are really bad for the dealerships' bottom lines!

exactly
This is a painful fact

Just as some pharmaceutical companies deliberately keep patients as sick

John Kohler

Reaction score
Not that I don't like a good conspiracy theory, but making bad cars would have the opposite effect. In the age of internet price shopping dealers aren't making near what they did on vehicle sales - most of their income is in service. If my Ford is a good vehicle I'm more likely to buy another. If it isn't, I'm going to start looking at other makes. Making very reliable vehicles hasn't seemed to have harmed Toyota and Honda.

762mm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not that I don't like a good conspiracy theory, but making bad cars would have the opposite effect. In the age of internet price shopping dealers aren't making near what they did on vehicle sales - most of their income is in service. If my Ford is a good vehicle I'm more likely to buy another. If it isn't, I'm going to start looking at other makes. Making very reliable vehicles hasn't seemed to have harmed Toyota and Honda.

Quality has gone downhill in recent years across the board, so you have no choice but to own a less reliable vehicle, regardless of make. It is in large part due to the over complicated EPA anti-pollution standards, smaller turbo charged engines and promises of "lifetime" fluids and filters (to offset increased ownership costs, while vehicle is still on warranty).

The horrendous Fiat-Chrysler products with their spaghetti engines and transmissions that blow up way too early are still being sold by the thousands. Most people are stupid and will fall for marketing ploys (employee pricing, save the tax, etc) + good exterior/interior looks, that's no "conspiracy theory". The modern Ram and the Charger, plus all European cars sold in America are perfect examples.

In an era of "disposable vehicles", few people will bother to check up on the mechanical reliability of a given make and model. They'll be buying a new one in 4 to 5 years anyway, once the warranty is up... which is in part why they can never get out of debt!

Last edited:
OP
OP
sulatek

sulatek

Reaction score
Quality has gone downhill in recent years across the board, so you have no choice but to own a less reliable vehicle, regardless of make. It is in large part due to the over complicated EPA anti-pollution standards, smaller turbo charged engines and promises of "lifetime" fluids and filters (to offset increased ownership costs, while vehicle is still on warranty).

The horrendous Fiat-Chrysler products with their spaghetti engines and transmissions that blow up way too early are still being sold by the thousands. Most people are stupid and will fall for marketing ploys (employee pricing, save the tax, etc) + good exterior/interior looks, that's no "conspiracy theory". The modern Ram and the Charger, plus all European cars sold in America are perfect examples.

In an era of "disposable vehicles", few people will bother to check up on the mechanical reliability of a given make and model. They'll be buying a new one in 4 to 5 years anyway, once the warranty is up... which is in part why they can never get out of debt!

True
You're absolutely right
Everything became troublesome
starting from food and ways to grow and treat it
To vehicles and complicate their manufacture and maintenance