Fuel line leak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TyTy12

Reaction score
C877DD9A-3288-4992-825E-1CD792D5542C.jpeg hello guys this is my first post but I been a long time lurker. This is my 2nd expedition
First one is 2004 Eddie Bauer 135000 miles. Recently purchased 2010 king ranch el 185000 miles. Problem is the king ranch is leaking gas from the fuel line and I can’t find anyone other the dealership that sells the replacement. I need the line from the fuel rail to the rear of the car. What’s my options?? Thanks!!292D9EAB-0EAF-4029-AD75-F0BDFF7A2CE3.jpeg

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So whats the deal? You buy it from the dealership, tell the counter guy to put tag under Oreillys, or Auto Zone, or whoever you want, tell him to charge sales tax. You'll get a 20 to 40 percent discount. Either install it yourself or shop around for a repair shop in your town that will put it in that's reasonable and knows how! Done. Be sure that's the part that's leaking before ordering new part. We've never had anybody here with that leaky fuel line, how did it start leaking? We're you in an accident, or rough off roading?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

TyTy12

Reaction score
No accident or off off roading that I know of
I just bought it from used car dealership on Saturday, car fax says 1 accident to the rear but no major damages

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even if you pay “full” price at the Ford dealer part’s department, you will get a high-quality part that fits exactly. I would NOT try to find a cheaper (poor quality, made in China, etc.) part.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ty, bring it back to that car lot! Warranty or not, selling a vehicle with a known safety issue is against the law. Theirs a possible fire issue. I've sold cars, most things are not covered, buyer beware, but leaking fuel is a no no! Check with your attorney and see. That's just wrong for that car lot.

gixer2000

Retrofit or Bust
Reaction score
Ty, bring it back to that car lot! Warranty or not, selling a vehicle with a known safety issue is against the law. Theirs a possible fire issue. I've sold cars, most things are not covered, buyer beware, but leaking fuel is a no no! Check with your attorney and see. That's just wrong for that car lot.

You've had it for under a week so you should bring it back for sure.

However, when it comes to fuel and something that could potentially leak and possibly start a fire I would 100% go with a dealer part. I'm not a huge after market parts person anyway and in some cases it May not make a difference but for fueling anything Im all dealer or OEM

Last edited:

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
A New York licensed dealer must only warranty a car he sells with less than 100,000 miles. Otherwise, it's up to you to persuade him to do the right thing. But he does have to provide a NYS inspection, which the car could not have passed with a leaky fuel line.

OP
OP
T

TyTy12

Reaction score
Spoke to the dealership and they are willing to give me $100 towards the cost