fuel mileage increasing mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MK1MICAH

Reaction score
anyone have any good come from chips or the $uperchip computer, K&N filters or tube headers?
Looking to increase fuelmilage when wife is driving the truck which is 99% of the time, I use the Expy to tow my boat only.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Make sure the tires are properly inflated. Wash and wax the Expy to cut down on wind resistance. Use synthetic motor oil. Only drive downhill. Those are the only things I've found to help with gas mileage on the Expy. You won't see any benefit from chips, air filters, headers. If there was any, Ford would've used 'em.

-Mike

69Hcode

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My mileage went up with a SCT X4 and a custom mileage tune. The e-fans helped too. I like the way the torque converter locks up and more low end torque as well.

AggieExpo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I got hearers and cat back exhaust asking with brisk spark plugs and Weapon x cops. I also have an sct tuner and I'm getting an avg 15.2 mpg. And I believe stock was about 14.6 so if you do anything do it for performance not mpg. You'll never get your return investment on the items you buy for the truck. It might help 1-2 mpg but that not very much. Just do the math you will see.

I did my mods for engine performance not mpgs. Just my $.02

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
CAI...exhaust...programmer...and im at 17-18 city...22-23 hwy