fuel pressure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

krakoosh

Reaction score
Good time to invoke the KISS method of trouble shooting. Verify fuel pressure is within spec first.

So I changed the fuel filter and then put a gauge on the rail...36lbs. The pump is failing obviously. It's a pretty straight forward install but can you think of anything I could have done wrong to make it fail after only 5 months? This will be the last time I stray from Motorcraft parts that's for sure.

Something else I just thought of. When I put the gauge on and turned the key, the needle didn't budge. I had to start the truck to get a reading. It should have a reading off and key on, right?

Last edited:

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You may have leaked a little fuel putting the gauge on which drops the pressure some. What brand pump did you use?
I've used Denso pumps in the past without any issue so you don't have to stay with Motorcraft.
There is one point of failure that may have occurred in your case. The rubber hose that connects the pump to the output may be leaking.

OP
OP
K

krakoosh

Reaction score
You may have leaked a little fuel putting the gauge on which drops the pressure some. What brand pump did you use?
I've used Denso pumps in the past without any issue so you don't have to stay with Motorcraft.
There is one point of failure that may have occurred in your case. The rubber hose that connects the pump to the output may be leaking.

It's a Delphi rated for 58lbs. I would think I could smell fuel if something was leaking. Ran fine for 5 months. Everything else checks out fine. I'll have to see if any fuel has been leaking when I drop the tank. Thanks for the reply.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goff69