Fuel Tank Capacity

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

palauborne

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a problem with the fuel gauge reading? I have a 2005 XLT, which according to the book, has a 28 gallon fuel tank. At the 1/4 reading on the fuel gauge, it took 16 gallons to fill up. I am still scratching my head on this one. Also, does the model have a low level fuel light? I might just run it down until it comes on then fuel it up and see how many gallons it takes.

smo0othride

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Originally posted by palauborne
Has anyone ever had a problem with the fuel gauge reading? I have a 2005 XLT, which according to the book, has a 28 gallon fuel tank. At the 1/4 reading on the fuel gauge, it took 16 gallons to fill up. I am still scratching my head on this one. Also, does the model have a low level fuel light? I might just run it down until it comes on then fuel it up and see how many gallons it takes.

Hardly any cars have fuel gauges that are exactly right. Escpecially the fuel tanks on trucks, because of there shallow size, it's not unlikely to be a few gallons off.