Full Race Turbo + Manifold Upgrade Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There was recently some discussion about leaking turbo manifolds and options for repair. CRP, BD Diesel, and Full-Race all came up as vendors with potential fixes. After doing some additional reading on other forums, it seems some people have experienced repeated failures with the CRP, seemingly related to towing in mountainous areas. Full-Race recently released its upgraded manifold. Shortly thereafter, the company began offering a full kit with the upgraded manifolds, Garrett Powermax turbos, and all the install hardware.

I have not tried this product and cannot vouch for its build quality or performance gains. But after spending the past 15 years reading about aftermarket turbo upgrades (Yes, I'm a terrible window shopper for all things automotive), I don't think I've ever seen someone say anything bad about Full-Race products. Just thought I'd share in case anyone had a performance bug or needs to fix a manifold leak. If you do go this route, please share the results! Personally, my head gasket may be leaking again, so I'm going to hold off on any other work until that is resolved.

Speedboosted

Reaction score
This will definitely be the highest flowing kit on the market. I'm curious if the BD manifold is reliable on these, I have a lot of experience with BD in the diesel world and their parts were always fantastic.

I've been window shopping turbo/exhaust upgrades for the past year or so and have basically come to a similar conclusion. While pricey, the Full Race kit is the best you'll find. My eventual plan is to do either Powermax or Ford Performance turbos, AMS adapters, BD manifold, and maybe a higher flowing downpipe.

Another thing I recently discovered is the AMS turbo outlet adapters are the best "value" on the market when comparing internal cross section area to price.

OP
OP
JasonH

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I haven't seen any feedback on the BD Diesel manifolds, but on another F150 forum someone that tows in mountainous areas did say his CRP manifolds warped. According to the BD Diesel website, their replacement manifold is also cast iron. For the price differential of $600, the labor is a real factor (unless you DIY). I'd much rather part with the extra $600 if I'm confident the part will be durable. One advantage of the Full Race parts is the separate runners for each cylinder and larger outlets that actually match the turbine inlet more closely. I've been getting quotes for installation, as with one manifold warped, it doesn't make sense to replace just one side and put turbos with 145K back on. There's a real risk of the other manifold or either turbo failing, and having to pay for labor again. So I'm committed to putting some cash aside to spring for this kit in the hopes that the vehicle will be durable going forward.

Speedboosted

Reaction score
Someone is sharing their experience with the new Full Race Manifolds.

Just read through a lot of that thread, very interesting. My experience with diesel performance trucks in the past showed me that many models regularly reach over 1200* EGT at the manifold when turned up to varying levels, so not sure why he (Full Race) said 1250 is the absolute max. Maybe "back in the day" they were.

OP
OP
JasonH

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
He may be referring to normal operating temps. Maybe the diesel manifold can get hotter, but the question is whether that elevated temperature is within the normal operating range, or if it's a product of tuning without regard to design limits. It's like saying a stock Ecoboost can do 650 wheel hp...but how long will it live at those power levels?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65