CVFab Titan Intercooler and GoFastBits BOV install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did these on mine last week and thought I'd share a few notes.

CVFab Titan Intercooler Link
Go Fast Bits 2013-2020 F150 & Raptor 3.5L & 2.7L EcoBoost GFB DV+ BOV T9464 Link

Install is straightforward using Youtube videos and following instructions, however, I didn't find any videos that showed these 2 together. While both are drop in by themselves, they don't quite fit together perfectly.

1) The BOV metal body has 2 slots on it that slide past 2 tabs on the intercooler upon insertion. The tabs slide past the slots and then you rotate the BOV to lock it into place. Unfortunately, the slots on the BOV are smaller than the tabs on the intercooler and it will not slide in. I just took a hand file and widened the slots on the BOV and thinned the tabs on the intercooler until it popped in. Easy enough but not plug and play.

2) The stock IC is plastic and the BOV bracket is attached with a wood screw. The Titan is metal so they send a machine screw with it. The issue is the GFB BOV bracket is thinner than the stock bracket which makes the machine screw too long and it will bottom out before the BOV is snug. A couple of washers solved the issue.

3) The intercooler is thicker so you have to cut off part of the square plastic shroud that houses the louvres. On F-150s the shroud is a two piece deal so you can just unsnap half of it. On the Expedition it's one piece. You could just cut at the halfway point, but I measured mine so as not to create a big gap between the intercooler and the shroud. Not sure if that matters but can't hurt right? I needed to cut 5/8" off of the sides and bottom of the shroud to get a close fit. I did not need to cut the top - it seemed to just lay on top of the intercooler without issue. To make (fairly) straight lines I used a multitool to cut and clamped some wooden shims I had laying around for a straight edge.

20230731_212345.jpg20230731_214755.jpgIC.jpg20230731_231702.jpg

lefty hack

Reaction score
Great pics and explanation. I've already purchased but not installed a Whipple intercooler. It looks to me that I can add this new BOV to my project. Is there anything that you are aware of that might prevent it from working with the Whipple?Thanks

OP
OP
G

gtr09

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you, from looking at the Whipple I can't see any reason this BOV won't work - worst case you run into what I did.