General Advice...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I'm seeking to increase the power in my 98' Expedition mainly for drag racing. I know a lot about car models but not much about engines and performance. I have a few ideas already onb how to increase power and speed and would like anymore advice someone can give me. So far I'm going to: Dual Cat-Back Exhaust, Performance Muffler and Cat Converters, Cold Air Intake, new Pulleys, Hypertech performance modifyer, and new Exhaust Headers. I was also wondering, (it could be great if any of you guys coudl answer this), if I bought a stock Ford Lightning Supercharger (they go on Ebay for between 200-400$), since it has the same size engine as mine (5.4L), could I do a few mods and botl it on? If so, what other mods would I have to do to it so it would fit?
If any of you have any more advice on how to get more performance out of the Expedition, please share it with me. Thanks.

G

Good choice on beggining mods. I would stay away from the hypertech thing. Get a superchips microtuner if you want something like that or get a custom chip. The lightning s/c will bolt up BUT you will need a lot to go along with it. Since you don't have lower compression pistons you won't be able to run too much boost. The stock fuel system can handle that much extra h/p. You will need to upgrade the computer and the tranny as it won't last long either. I think it would be easier to buy a lightning crate motor and factory tech monster box tranny then put the s/c on a n/a 5.4. just my .02

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PalosX