going for a "hard-ass" look, which roof rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It's not that the tires are small, generally when doing the offroad/rugged look, it gives a more aggressive look when you have an aggressive tread tire. Mine aren't that extreme of a tire, but still a somewhat offroad looking tire with great treadware, traction, etc.

nitto-terra_moto0951.jpg

When I bought this puppy at auction the tired were bald. My buddy who owns a rim shop did me a solid and traded out the stock wheels for new 22s with tires for just the price of the tires so I went with those. Not looking to drop any more money on tires right now so maybe I need to hold off, although I figure I can still make it look tough. Maybe I need to amend the whole ""yeah, I open beer bottles with my teeth...what's it to ya'?" to ""yeah, I open beer bottles with my teeth, plus I like to get the occasional manicure...what's it to ya'?" :rotflmao:

FtLaudBlkGT

Full Access Members
Reaction score
When I bought this puppy at auction the tired were bald. My buddy who owns a rim shop did me a solid and traded out the stock wheels for new 22s with tires for just the price of the tires so I went with those. Not looking to drop any more money on tires right now so maybe I need to hold off, although I figure I can still make it look tough. Maybe I need to amend the whole ""yeah, I open beer bottles with my teeth...what's it to ya'?" to ""yeah, I open beer bottles with my teeth, plus I like to get the occasional manicure...what's it to ya'?" :rotflmao:

Hahahhhhhaaaaa Too funny!!

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will tell you this, it was a pain in the ass to load the crap on the rack by myself. Especially when the cooler was full. Although I did have my budlight 18pack securly strapped on the side :)

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
have to agree with sol and ft roof rack should be for lifted expys. and cant believe waag one is so expensive. i called them and they quoted me about half that. but it could be that i can pick it up and not have it shipped. I would call waag directly and see what they can do for you.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
if you want a nice rack with your stock set up i would go for a somewhat low profile look you can even add those thin rectangular shaped lights on top. i think it could look nice as long as it is clean looking. you can pull it off, then you can always get bigger tires later and go with a solismo style look

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you want a nice rack with your stock set up i would go for a somewhat low profile look you can even add those thin rectangular shaped lights on top. i think it could look nice as long as it is clean looking. you can pull it off, then you can always get bigger tires later and go with a solismo style look

now that you mention it, surco does make an urban rack.

OP
OP
NewbieVet

NewbieVet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Good advice cheers yall. I was thinking about going for the more "low profile" look. Yeah Waag is crazy expensive! I found a similar looking guard on Ebay for about $280.00 shipped but wonder if I'm sacrificing quality. I'll post the link later.