Gotta breath?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Team_Z

Reaction score
Yup, everyone has their likes and dislikes. Having had only one turbo vehicle my whole life (an Acura I raced), I love the sound and want to hear that more than anything. AFE has a cover that can go on the filter housing, which would deaden the sound a bit but would create a little more vacuum.

The model I have is this one. I chose the oiled filter, while it requires a little maintenance, I have always had better luck with the oiled filters cleaning the air a bit better, and coming from a very arid, dry, dusty climate, that's important to me.
Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Cold Air Intake System w/Pro 5R Filter Media | aFe POWER
I have the same one, I took it off my 18 F150 and it fits just fine. Drove around for 300 miles no issues. Last night I go to merge on to a highway off a side road, in Sport mode took off like it should got up to deed and through a CEL.
You ever have that happen? I’m not running a tune yet, I’m on 92 octane.

Attachments

• CEA21EE3-02CD-4A5C-A13B-4990E8E682EA.png
    CEA21EE3-02CD-4A5C-A13B-4990E8E682EA.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 11

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yup, happened once. I'm assuming you installed the little white plastic tube in the turbo intake pipe right? Mine was in but I had to rotate it a bit. No issues since.

Last edited:

Team_Z

Reaction score
Yup, happened once. I'm assuming you installed the little white plastic tube in the turbo intake pipe right? Mine was in but I had to rotate it a bit. No issues since.
Nope sure didn't, I forgot about it, I left it on my trade in. ill have to order a new one

Last edited:

Calidad

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I recall tuners for many yrs now found that stock cold intakes are typically good till level 2 mods where air flow needs to be increased along with injector capacity

The intake modification sillyness is just wasted money. Your better off spending that on better tires today lol

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Maybe, but I've been running after market CAI's on every car I've ever owned, I've always loved a little sportier sound and for me, at altitude, anything I can do to improve to O2 levels, the better.

Team_Z

Reaction score
I recall tuners for many yrs now found that stock cold intakes are typically good till level 2 mods where air flow needs to be increased along with injector capacity

The intake modification sillyness is just wasted money. Your better off spending that on better tires today lol
I took this off my 2018 F150 so no money was wasted since I already had it. Truck is tuned now, I’m happy with the sound and the performance. Have had other Expedition owners and f150 owners compliment it so it’s whatever at this point.