Gotts Mod **Pics**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

retrogarage6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
Or you can just buy our polished aluminum 4.5 inch mandrel bent cai kit with hardware and heatsheild for only $179.00 plus s&h. This GOTTS thing is similar to the mod We used to do on the Mark VIII's and that wasn't worth 1hp.

The problem is ALL the tubing in general. opening up ONE area does Nothing at all. Open it ALL up with a free flowing oiled open element filter deos HELP alot. We have seen 5+ on the dyno and I personally have had a 1.2 mpg increase PRE-programmer. It's 4 years old andd FILTHY but you get the idea.

NOW don't get me wrong... I used to love K&N filters, oiled filters... makes a big difference. But have you ever noticed that the oil in those filters is getting sucked into the intake tube and coating the MAF with filter oil? Well it is. And just a matter of miles does the MAF fail and send lean codes... So that's why I stopped using those. Stock filters for me, so the GOTTS mod makes more sense along with factory filter in terms of actually taking care of your vehicle.

retrogarage6

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The State of Rhode Island and Providence Plantatio
see whats i mean? click that and zoom in a bit. Notice the wetness inside the tube and gummy mess on the sensor. Lots of arguing about this.... the people that know they suck just dont use them, and the people that spent $50+ on filters or cold air setups just get mad that someone said theyre sucking oil, dirt and dust into the engine. And fine dust surpasses these oiled filters and starts to build up on yuor valve seats! Try it out, get a lifetime filter for an ATV and drive it in some mild dusty conditions without an extra filter wrap... and see what happens. Good for your track car to get extra HP (or not, depending) and keep the papers in the DD

Attachments

• maf.jpg
    maf.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 288
Last edited:

EVILTOW

Reaction score
I installed a K&N Cold air kit and removed all that.

img_8506.jpg

edadmartin

Reaction score
Just wanted to add that i did the mod 4 years ago and it has held together fine truck runs great. Be sure to seal all joints completely to eliminate whistle.i get a whistle when it is very cold 32 or less.cant find any air being sucked at idle ,dont know where it may be. Also when changing air filters i find small leaf sections. And dirt that are getting thru ,how do you fix that with the gott mod?

Transporter

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just wanted to add that i did the mod 4 years ago and it has held together fine truck runs great. Be sure to seal all joints completely to eliminate whistle.i get a whistle when it is very cold 32 or less.cant find any air being sucked at idle ,dont know where it may be. Also when changing air filters i find small leaf sections. And dirt that are getting thru ,how do you fix that with the gott mod?

Where is the dust/dirt? Is it before the filter or after the filter as in between the filter and the intake manifold? If its after the filter, you have found your whistle as you have an incorrectly assembled/sealed filter holder or an opening/hole in the plumbing after the filter.

If dust/dirt is before the filter, there is nothing to prevent this other then not driving.

WestCoastExpy

Reaction score
IMG_4161.JPG I love the idea of this mid. Very simple and easy way to get a little more air flow. I just joined this forum two days ago. This was the first post I saw and immediately. after removing the stock part I was able to fit in the 3 inch ABS here's a picture of it
IMG_4167.JPG
This is what it looks like all complete with the old filter housing connected to the ABS using a rubber 3 inch coupler from Home Depot.
IMG_4165.JPG IMG_4166.JPG
This is the difference in diameter from the new 3 inch ABS connection in the old stock part

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
View attachment 18080 I love the idea of this mid. Very simple and easy way to get a little more air flow. I just joined this forum two days ago. This was the first post I saw and immediately. after removing the stock part I was able to fit in the 3 inch ABS here's a picture of it
View attachment 18083
This is what it looks like all complete with the old filter housing connected to the ABS using a rubber 3 inch coupler from Home Depot.
View attachment 18081 View attachment 18082
This is the difference in diameter from the new 3 inch ABS connection in the old stock part

Looks much nicer then the way i did mine. but i don't really care what it looks like. The hoods gonna be close most of the time.well hope so anyway it is a dam Ferd lmao. it will do the same thing as what a coupler would do.but any way since i got pics i'll post em how i did mine .i used what i had laying around not a penny was spent. that's how i like things to go.this way is a bit different then yours. being that i got the cold air intake set up.but was a tight fit. also make a shield on the inner plastic wheel well to direct the air flow in the pipe as i am going down the road for more air flow

TROLLS are more welcome to comment your bs :) loving it

20161018_160840_LLS.jpg

20161018_160637.jpg

Last edited:

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Wait, so is this mod to increase airflow TO the stock filter, or to bypass the filter entirely?

whitelightning99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
not sure if you are being sarcastic or not but every one knows more/cooler air flow is better