Gotts Mod **Pics**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sk8ordie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes it is over the intake. there was a huge round canister thing there before. i saw the filter in the thing that says 5.4 triton and figured " i dont need this thing then", right? i like it becuase if i need to go back to stock i can.

kmh1596

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes it is over the intake. there was a huge round canister thing there before. i saw the filter in the thing that says 5.4 triton and figured " i dont need this thing then", right? i like it becuase if i need to go back to stock i can.

Where is your MAF sensor? Was it attached to the other filter area?

Jeckler

Reaction score
Re... done. The belt sander came in handy for ovalling the ABS pipe to fit the hole. Just need to figure out what to do with the other 21.5 inches of it that's left over. :)

Attachments

• gotts_mod.jpg
    gotts_mod.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,221

Beardskii

Reaction score
I bought a 3" PVC pipe. Cut it to four inches. Think this would be a problem, figure I could just slide it in as the PVC couldn't be tightened by clamps.

s9601694

Reaction score
So forgive my newbie-ness.. But WHAT are you guys doing here? Just making the intake hole larger?

Someone care to explain? :)

this is what mine looks like (2005 limited)

IMG_0422_zps2d1e99d4.jpg

FordandPolaris

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So forgive my newbie-ness.. But WHAT are you guys doing here? Just making the intake hole larger?

Someone care to explain? :)

this is what mine looks like (2005 limited)

IMG_0422_zps2d1e99d4.jpg

Thats exactly it. You remove the snorkel leading to the fender wall and replace it with 3" PVC. The opening on the OEM snorkel (at least on my truck) was about half the size. Not a huge gain on a stock motor, but letting the motor breathe better does seem to help on hard passes.

s9601694

Reaction score
Thats exactly it. You remove the snorkel leading to the fender wall and replace it with 3" PVC. The opening on the OEM snorkel (at least on my truck) was about half the size. Not a huge gain on a stock motor, but letting the motor breathe better does seem to help on hard passes.
Cool thanks!

ONEBADMK8

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Or you can just buy our polished aluminum 4.5 inch mandrel bent cai kit with hardware and heatsheild for only $179.00 plus s&h. This GOTTS thing is similar to the mod We used to do on the Mark VIII's and that wasn't worth 1hp.

The problem is ALL the tubing in general. opening up ONE area does Nothing at all. Open it ALL up with a free flowing oiled open element filter deos HELP alot. We have seen 5+ on the dyno and I personally have had a 1.2 mpg increase PRE-programmer. It's 4 years old andd FILTHY but you get the idea.

Attachments

• intake.jpg
    intake.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 1,173
Reaction score

good morning I am a new driver of the 2004 expedition and so far i am loving it and i come out of a 2004 super crew truck.I did a lot a self mods to the truck and looking foward to doing a few mods to Expedition.

Alansd

Reaction score
So how much extra power or fuel mileage has anyone experienced with this Mod? Is it worth it?