Gotts Mod question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Snorkles? who going fishing?

I feel kinda resonsable for starting all this...MORE AIR MORE AIR...not what im looking for...COOLER AIR is what im after...on my 2000 ssp expo I have done the gotts mod....but looking at that ram air effect.....I dont have fog lights on my truck so i was trying to be a little more creative..I saw these air vents on e-bay and got two of them for 10.00 out of china...I was thinking of placing one of the on each side of the bumper after cutting into the plastic and venting one up to air intake on the fender and the one on the right just up to the engine bay to move the hot air out..I went to Lowes and was looking at a galvinzed rectangular floor vent like you would have in your house...and then venting that up from there....still very sketchy plans..as I said before...Looks are everything and its got to look right and be functional...below is a picture of the vents I ordered...:smiley-face-popcorn

Last edited:

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should defiantly take many pics and keep this thread going... might be a common mod if you get some good results..

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
agree with nuts. im looking forward to this. i wanna do this once you get it right.

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
I feel kinda resonsable for starting all this...MORE AIR MORE AIR...not what im looking for...COOLER AIR is what im after...on my 2000 ssp expo I have done the gotts mod....but looking at that ram air effect.....I dont have fog lights on my truck so i was trying to be a little more creative..I saw these air vents on e-bay and got two of them for 10.00 out of china...I was thinking of placing one of the on each side of the bumper after cutting into the plastic and venting one up to air intake on the fender and the one on the right just up to the engine bay to move the hot air out..I went to Lowes and was looking at a galvinzed rectangular floor vent like you would have in your house...and then venting that up from there....still very sketchy plans..as I said before...Looks are everything and its got to look right and be functional...below is a picture of the vents I ordered...:smiley-face-popcorn

I had looked at vents for some time. More for venting heat from engine compartment when sitting in traffic. All the vents I had seen are either ugly or just too small. The vents in your photo look decent. Where did you order them from? A link would be nice if you have it.. :)

Thanks

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Here is the ebay number..go to ebay and type this in 150638845301
ome of these vents are only for show...you have to be careful and get the one that actually allow airflow..

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Cool Idea...I just have a hard time cutting into a perfectly good hood...lets the heat out but the rain in....the other item that hit me is I have an insulating pad on the bottom of my hood...another way to let heat out is to remove this pad...you may increase cabin noise somewhat but the heat will disapate quicker than with that pad on the bottom..I have to admit...this thread is really had some great feedback....Walnut..just putting the final coat of paint on the overhead console...waiting on the cable from Edge...will post pictures...

OP
OP
BakerEdition

BakerEdition

EF Chaplain
Reaction score
Panda...here is a thought...get a cordless drill with a 3/8 drill bit and drill some holes in those inner fenders...if you talking about the inner wheel wells they are only plastic... strategically placed you will still have to protection with minimal water/snow get in the engine bay and the average person wont even see the holes there and you don't get the ugly look with out them... m 5 cents worth..LOL

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhrrington