GPS Tracking Ford Pass App

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epic Dad

Reaction score
Just bought my Expy and it’s being shipped from Florida to California and I don’t think the tracking is working properly because I’m seeing very little movement when I log in. One of the sales people enabled the vehicle location tab for me before it was shipped and also I have the Wifi setup. Something we missed? I know obviously I wouldn’t be able to use the touch screen until it arrives but is there a setting in the app possibly? Thanks!3FB5C941-8A10-4DFD-B832-5F0FD8FABD10.jpeg

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just bought my Expy and it’s being shipped from Florida to California and I don’t think the tracking is working properly because I’m seeing very little movement when I log in. One of the sales people enabled the vehicle location tab for me before it was shipped and also I have the Wifi setup. Something we missed? I know obviously I wouldn’t be able to use the touch screen until it arrives but is there a setting in the app possibly? Thanks!View attachment 75407
Maybe the vehicle just goes through no signal areas?

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On the Ford Pass app, Vehicle tab. What does it say for the time is was last updated? You need to pull down on the screen to refresh the data.

Mlarv

Reaction score
If the vehicle has not been started it will not show any updates as far as I know. WiFi is for if you are in range of a WiFi signal and logged into the the AP it will use it to update itself. Location is for the Ford Pass App. Still until it is started it will not show. At least that is how I understand it.

18MaxLimited

Reaction score
I tried doing the same while having our expedition shipped from WA state to GA. It showed that it was in some midway point for a while then stopped updating. No notifications or otherwise. Wasnt until they called us to tell us they were an hour away did we know where it was.

Agree with Mlarv, if it hasn't been started in a while it'll go into power save - my 2020 superduty does this too but different in the fact that it sends a notification through the app.

OP
OP
Epic Dad

Epic Dad

Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense. I keep starting the car to see if it would update my location but maybe I didn’t leave it on for long enough. Thanks.

Going_Going_Gone

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That could make for some excitement if the transport driver notices your vehicle randomly starting up.