Gravel/Mud on inside corner of rear doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
A bunch of us have and (as far as I know) are all very pleased. I love mine.

I also have the Weathertech mudflaps and am pleased with them. However, they don't make any difference with the dirt that is splashed at the inside bottom edge of the rear doors since the dirt/mud enters the inner door area from the leading edge of the rear wheels wells.

Oklahoma Jim

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd like to see a picture of the flaps installed. Would someone be kind enough to post one? Thanks!

lobsenza

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I installed the Weathertech mud flaps on the front of my 2019 Navigator. They fit perfectly. The rears will need modification to fit the Navigator.

One possibility to protect the rear doors from mud splash up is to mount the front mud flaps in reverse at the front of the rear wheel wells (the RF mud flap mounted in the front of the LR wheel well and the LF mud flap mounted in the front of the RR wheel well). I have to remove one of my front mud flaps to test this. I am sure some modifications will have to be made to mount them this way.

Anyone have an uninstalled set of Weathertech front mudflaps that could try this?

scottdm

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Anyone have an uninstalled set of Weathertech front mudflaps that could try this?[/QUOTE]
I installed the Weathertech mud flaps on the front of my 2019 Navigator. They fit perfectly. The rears will need modification to fit the Navigator.

One possibility to protect the rear doors from mud splash up is to mount the front mud flaps in reverse at the front of the rear wheel wells (the RF mud flap mounted in the front of the LR wheel well and the LF mud flap mounted in the front of the RR wheel well). I have to remove one of my front mud flaps to test this. I am sure some modifications will have to be made to mount them this way.

Anyone have an uninstalled set of Weathertech front mudflaps that could try this?

Modifying the gasket on the door area may also be an option. A potential concern with mudflaps on the front side of the rear wheel wells is that they could get ripped off by the tires in off-road situations. I had a similar issue with a Toyota pickup that I used to own when backing up and the mudflap got stuck under the rear tire and ripped off due to the muddy rut that I was in. If the mudflap is in front of the tire, it could get ripped off in a similar manner when moving forward in deep ruts/mud.

NyackRob79

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not just the doors, but wait until you wash your truck. There are POUNDS of dirt and pebbles lodged on the inside of your rear bumper. Very poor design choice. The lack of mud flaps, and the fact that the inside of rear bumper is fully open causes all of the dirt thrown off by the rear wheels to nicely deposit itself in there. Last time I washed my truck, the mud wouldn't stop dripping from there. And the annoying part is, the mud drips out on the outside of the bumper, where you can see it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiev