Grille parts/trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I found a new factory grille finally for my 17 Expy without having to be ***** for $600+. It was bad enough at $200, but a little easier to stomach. The only issue is that it's missing the insert trim pieces. Those must be the parts that are different between the different grilles right? I know King Ranch, Platinum etc all have different part numbers. Chrome vs Satin Aluminum for the Platinum etc.
My question is, are these parts available separately? I didn't see them on a couple of sites I looked at.

Thanks.

s-l1600-2.jpg

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I don't think they're available separately, so by chance I checked eBay. Found a brand new set for $50 and the lister also said they aren't available separately. Sold... So now I'm at $250 all in for a new grille. I'm still not complaining.

Grille Inserts bought.jpg

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Can you pull the ones from the old Grille?
Where did you get the $200 part

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Can you pull the ones from the old Grille?
Where did you get the $200 part
There weren't any pieces left of the old grille. They were all tossed probably. It took the hit dead center so I doubt they would have been salvageable. I've been looking since I bought my Ex last year. I finally found this one at a boneyard in Texas. Not a scratch on it.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There weren't any pieces left of the old grille. They were all tossed probably. It took the hit dead center so I doubt they would have been salvageable. I've been looking since I bought my Ex last year. I finally found this one at a boneyard in Texas. Not a scratch on it.

Insurance not involved?

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
I received my grille and inserts. When I went to install the inserts I found there were tabs on them that correspond to blank uncut slots that look like they're supposed to be cut out. The tabs also look like they're designed to break off easily. I'm wondering if I should cut the slots in my new grill or break off the tabs...

20190708_182145.jpg 20190708_182213.jpg 20190708_182159.jpg

OP
OP
HawkX66

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
In case anyone else comes across this... The tabs get snapped off by the looks of it. Here is a shot of the back side of the trim removed from a stock grille and a pic of a new grille not installed yet. You can see the used grille has the tabs snapped off and the new grille still has them on. I don't think the used one has them snapped off as a result of being damaged.

s-l1600-4.jpg Grille Insert Example (2).jpg

MMMM

Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but has anybody come across any of these? I'm missing a lower insert.

IMG_6589.jpg