Growing family and looking for options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lexman70

Reaction score
My wife and I have two children and we also do foster care for 3 children soon to be 4 all of which we plan to adopt as well. Besides our expedition we have a Ford Taurus but I use that for business travel and also it doesn't solve our issue of being able to transport 6 children at one time all under 5 (meaning non front seat). My 2003 Expedition Eddie Bauer has bucket/Captains chairs in the 2nd Row. Is it possible to take both of those out and go with a 40/20/40 set up? Should I look at junk yards for this or a Ford dealer? Also I'm not a big car fixing guy so if I can get these would I be able to do this on my own, meaning "how hard would it be to replace on my own:buffer:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
should bolt right in from same year if they have it in the junk yard

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Get an old school bus, paint it like the hippies did - the kids will have fun and plenty of room.

OP
OP
L

Lexman70

Reaction score
Actually were looking for an option thst doesn't involve buying a new vehicle as we all ready thought about a cargo van. We live in Nebraska though so 4 wheel drive is a must for half the year. I will start looking for an option in the junk yards. Is install difficult?