Guess no factory trailer brake controller for my 2015

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IPACA9

Reaction score
I bought a 2015 XLT. It had the factory hitch and just a four pin connector. I upgraded it to a 7 + 4 pin connector and got myself the factory trailer brake controller. I install the Ford Accessories for the local dealers and have added the brake controllers a few times. My buddy with a IDS went in to programming to add the brake controller and we could find nothing. Looks like there's not option at all to do this. Really sucks. I don't want a brake controller mounted onto the dash. Wondering if there's a way to flash the software to the truck using the vin from another that has it.

View media item 6582View media item 6583

coolzzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Was the wiring in the dash to plug it into behind the cubby panel? If so, it can be added. You can enable it using forscan as well if the dealer can't figure it out.

powerboatr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i would imagine the harness connection for the factory controller is tucked up in the dash near where the controller resides in the dash.