Has anyone pulled out a tree stump with thier expy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious. I've been cutting down trees in my yard. I'd like to put a big garden in next year, but I've got to get these stumps out first. One of the stumps is about 2' wide, plus the root ball. I figured I'll dig down as far as I reasonably can, cut the big roots, and then most likely I'll try pulling them out with the expy.
Any thoughts?

OP
OP
oldpaddy

oldpaddy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hahahaha I was watching a bunch of those vids earlier. So funny.

Plati

Reaction score
I've pulled out roots and shrubs. Its amazing how strong they are. I made a mess of my front yard with ruts from tires. I thinks its better to cut and dig.

There are special ropes for certain towed water sports that are Kevlar and don't stretch. A normal poly rope or strap will stretch and store energy like a rubber band. Or use a chain at least. Chains no stretch.

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Definitely dug and cut first. But you can use a truck to pull it out after most of it is cut.

Ideally you should back up and let it idle forward against the strap. If you’re giving it gas: film it so you can join the other videos online.

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just curious. I've been cutting down trees in my yard. I'd like to put a big garden in next year, but I've got to get these stumps out first. One of the stumps is about 2' wide, plus the root ball. I figured I'll dig down as far as I reasonably can, cut the big roots, and then most likely I'll try pulling them out with the expy.
Any thoughts?

It's a base model engine from a Superduty, should work

Plati

Reaction score
Beyond the tow rope stretching , storing energy , and that energy being released when something breaks .... How much damage can you do to a trailer hitch and its mount to the Expy if nothing breaks and the hitch is expected to take all that force? Any physics gurus out there?

Definitely film it

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Beyond the tow rope stretching , storing energy , and that energy being released when something breaks .... How much damage can you do to a trailer hitch and its mount to the Expy if nothing breaks and the hitch is expected to take all that force? Any physics gurus out there?

Definitely film it

That hitch can pull at least 10k lbs at highway speeds, probably more like 15k, seeing how it's rated for 9k and that kind of thing is conservative