haveing truble figureing out lights.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HFFH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i wana put hids in my fog lights but cant cross refference the part numbers. i called auto zone to get the stock bulb number with hid number. my headlights were 9007s in the regular bulbs and the hids. am i just missing something?

Poppa Wheelie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
HID light is more that just bulbs. The light in HID is basically an electrical arc. Which requires high voltage. You would need to change the entire lighting system, not just the bulbs.

OP
OP
HFFH

HFFH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
yes its a convertion kit that includes the ballests and everything. i just cant figure wich one i need. the headlights were 9007,s i cant figure out what the fog lights are???

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes its a convertion kit that includes the ballests and everything. i just cant figure wich one i need. the headlights were 9007,s i cant figure out what the fog lights are???

need to know what year your truck is? i have them in my 04...fog bulb is 9145...HID conversion = 9145 HID conversion kit...ebay $40...ddmtuning is a great site that most use on this site...

for bulb #'s...always check www.sylvania.com in the auto section...put in year/make/model of vehicle and it will give you EVERY bulb number for EVERY loaction on your vehicle.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have "ebay" hids in both headlights and fogs... headlights are 9007 and the fogs are 9145.... I ordered mine from the ebay store HIDgate and it has been almost 2 years with no problems at all... well once I broke a fog light bulb offroading but the company sent me a free replacement bulb