Having an issue with overheating while running the AC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Strawberry

Reaction score
AC was not blowing cold air so my husband added refrigerant it seemed to be doing just fine for a couple weeks then I noticed when I was driving it that it wouldn't blow as cold of air then I started noticing that it was getting hot in my truck was getting hot I'm sorry we get out and I would check you know to see if it lost any water and just a small amount would need would need to be added every time but it's just slowly gotten to where it gets hotter and hotter I already needed to do a radiator flush or cooling system flush but I figured I would start with that to see if that's the problem before I did anything else I'm not totally sure do I need one bottle or two bottles of the coolant system cleaner I have a 5.4 Triton motor in my 2001 Ford expedition four-wheel drive and would it be better if I drained the block when I drain the radiator if so how do I do that I don't know how to drain the block I've drained the radiator before in the last radiator I had in it

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your post is a bit confusing:
Are you referring to the A/C not blowing cold or the engine overheating or both?
If your husband added freon to your A/C system that's a good indication you have a refrigerant leak. If your vehicle is getting hotter engine wise, then you could have a bad thermostat, clogged radiator, low or no antifreeze, etc. If your coolant level is lowering consistently, there is a chance you have a leak. Also depending on the mileage, check to see if you have bubbles in the reservoir when the engine is running. That could indicate a bad head gasket.