He better not have more than two fingers!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ManUpOrShutUp

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I've had more oil change f***ups than I can count. On one trip to STS several years ago, they managed to knock something loose and get my engine covered in oil. They didn't even notice it. They left my truck running, I paid, and as soon as I got in I smelled something burning. When I popped the hood I saw it was oil cooking on top of the engine block. I had to wait another hour for them to send a tech out to find out what he knocked loose. Of course they don't have parts laying around so he ended up "fixing" it with a spring clip. Doh!

That wasn't as bad as what Meineke intentionally did to my wife's car though. She took it in for an oil change and the guy comes out and tells her her brakes are shot. He takes her out to the car and shows her how spongy the brakes are and tells her it would be dangerous to even drive home. He presents a bill for $800, she calls me, and I tell her to drive home very carefully. When she gets home I check the car. Damn, those brakes ARE spongy - but they were fine yesterday?! I check the brake fluid, which I had just topped off a couple days prior, and find the reservoir is more than half empty. I searched up and down for a leak and found nothing. I added fluid and never lost a drop in the weeks that followed. F***ers at Meineke drained it to sell her on an $800(!) brake job.

Since then I swapped out her cartridge filter for a spin-on (the main reason I avoided it due to how much time it took w/ the cartridge) and do her oil changes as well as my own.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That sucks but hope you caught it before any major damage but of course that won't show up for a while. I pay to have my oil changed now that Ford has made it such a pita BUT I take 6 qts of oil, all measured out in 1 or two jugs that I HAND to them....along with the filter. They have done great for me at the local Grease & Go because I take away their excuses for screwing it up!

jeff