Headrest DVD problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnicholas47

Reaction score
New to me ‘15 Limited EL with the entertainment system. TV’s turned on at the dealer, but we didn’t have any discs and they claimed they didn’t either. Also the car didn’t come with remote or headphones so I had to order some. Took dealer at their word that the system worked. Dealer is 4 hours away from me.

Fast forward to yesterday. Driver’s side can’t read any discs. Passenger side will let disc come down almost all the way and then stop.

Anyone have any DIY fixes or am I SOL?

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For the drivers side you might want to try a cleaning disc. BestBuy, WalMart, Amazon, etc. Passenger side doesn't sound good though. Might also consider an aerosol can of air, like End Dust for Electronics. The ones that junkies like to huff.

000_cd_dvd_blu_ray_game_console_lens_cleanr_925177.jpg

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You did not mention mileage or build date any chance you have a late 2015 build and still under the 3/36k warranty?

Did you buy from a big maker dealer or an independent?

I bought a used Sienna from a Toyota dealer in Cincinnati which is 2 hours from me there were unresolved issues when I took delivery and they paid my local Toyota dealer to make the fixes so I did not have to drive 2 hours for the fixes.

Maybe your dealer would be willing to do the same?

bobmbx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
New to me ‘15 Limited EL with the entertainment system. TV’s turned on at the dealer, but we didn’t have any discs and they claimed they didn’t either. Also the car didn’t come with remote or headphones so I had to order some. Took dealer at their word that the system worked. Dealer is 4 hours away from me.

Fast forward to yesterday. Driver’s side can’t read any discs. Passenger side will let disc come down almost all the way and then stop.

Anyone have any DIY fixes or am I SOL?
Your state may a 3-day cooling off period on the purchase. If so, take the drive, tell them you want the entertainment system working or you're cancelling the deal.

Edit: Cancel that. Ohio doesn't allow the 3 day period for motor vehicle purchases

Black

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Your state may a 3-day cooling off period on the purchase. If so, take the drive, tell them you want the entertainment system working or you're cancelling the deal.

Edit: Cancel that. Ohio doesn't allow the 3 day period for motor vehicle purchases

4 hours from Cincy could be Kentucky, Indiana, West Virginia, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, Michigan if one really pushes it.

OP
OP
D

dnicholas47

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Live in Cincy. Bought the car from independent dealer in northern Ohio. 75k Miles. This was bought as a tow vehicle and not a daily driver so like an idiot I didn’t try a movie right away. Plus without the remote I figured it was pointless.

Since this isn’t the only thing to have gone wrong (driver’s side window, front park aid and windshield wiper fluid motor) and I have complained to the dealer they are now ignoring me. I will light them up with an honest review, but short of that not sure what I can do. I am going to buy the cleaner tomorrow and hope for a miracle on the A player. I guess I will have to take it to a dealer for the B side and if the cleaner doesn’t work on the A.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire