Heat/Cool Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CMWSR

Reaction score
Ive seen many threads using search but not any that suggest a fix. I just purchased an 2003 EB Expedition 5.4L. It is my 2nd Expedition. I owned a 2000 before this one and drove it in to the ground! By far the best vehicle Ive owned. The heat/cool seats don't work. They don't light up and Ive checked all the fuses. Ive heard talk of a control module under the passenger seat that controls both seats only it needs programmed by a dealer. Is this true? Do you think that's the problem? Kinda curious if anyone has had this issue and what they've found?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes it is true. According to the Ford manual:

The vehicle contains the following modules that are configurable:

vehicle security module
4-wheel anti-lock brake/traction control (ABS/TC) module or stability assist module (if equipped)
electronic automatic temperature control (EATC) module
instrument cluster
powertrain control module (PCM)
driver seat module (DSM)
tire pressure monitor module
vehicle dynamics module
power liftgate module
temperature-controlled seat module

OP
OP
C

CMWSR

Reaction score
Can I get the old module reprogrammed or will I need get a new module and have it programmed?

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The cause of the failure is yet to be determined and I doubt that reprogramming, if possible, would solve the problem.
I would rule out everything else before buying another module and having it reprogrammed.

How did you check the fuses? Did you use a test light or dvm?

OP
OP
C

CMWSR

Reaction score
The cause of the failure is yet to be determined and I doubt that reprogramming, if possible, would solve the problem.
I would rule out everything else before buying another module and having it reprogrammed.

How did you check the fuses? Did you use a test light or dvm?

I visually inspected them. Its been a couple weeks ago but if I remember right I tried a spare fuse as well with no results.