Heat not coming out of roof vents...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VTfireftr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have a 2008, and the heat and A/C only come out of the roof vents when I use the rear settings/controls. If i just use the front, no roof heat.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
A

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
No this is with the rear set on back control or front control. The heat comes out in other places fine and if I put the ac on the air comes out of the vents perfectly.

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The newer expeditions and the nicer models have two heater cores. There is one behind the fire wall (front heat) and one in the back for the reaar. The rear heater core is located usually on the driver side rear panel in the inside of the vehicle usually in and around the wheel well. Its probably clogged if your getting no heat at all. There also is a blender flap in the back that can fail thus resulting in no heat getting mixed in with the incoming outisde air so all u get is fricken cold.

montecarlo31

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi andrew_s,

I recommend having this issue looked at by your Ford Dealer. You may locate one here.

Always here if you have questions.

Todd

Lots of help. :gathering:

The newer expeditions and the nicer models have two heater cores. There is one behind the fire wall (front heat) and one in the back for the reaar. The rear heater core is located usually on the driver side rear panel in the inside of the vehicle usually in and around the wheel well. Its probably clogged if your getting no heat at all. There also is a blender flap in the back that can fail thus resulting in no heat getting mixed in with the incoming outisde air so all u get is fricken cold.

All HVAC components are mounted on the RHS rear wheel well in the "3rd" gens. I realize he gave the worst description of the problem possible but I know on our '13 king ranch when heat is commanded the system move the air to the lower vents. I'm not sure why anyone would want heat coming from the top since hot air rises however I guess he may want it for defogging windows?.

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
...when heat is commanded the system move the air to the lower vents.

Yes, I believe your system is working as designed. If you select rear heat from the main a/c controls in the front of the vehicle it will blow from the floor vents. I believe there is an option on the rear controls (back of the center console) to select floor or ceiling vents. Try that.

OP
OP
A

andrew_s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi andrew_s,

I recommend having this issue looked at by your Ford Dealer. You may locate one here.

Always here if you have questions.

Todd

No thanks. I worked for ford for a few years and I was ASSET trained so Ill do my own work. Only time Ill go to a dealer is if I need PATS unlocked or pids run that my scanguage doesnt do.

Lots of help. :gathering:

All HVAC components are mounted on the RHS rear wheel well in the "3rd" gens. I realize he gave the worst description of the problem possible but I know on our '13 king ranch when heat is commanded the system move the air to the lower vents. I'm not sure why anyone would want heat coming from the top since hot air rises however I guess he may want it for defogging windows?.

Heat comes out from the passenger side rear area and the vehicle def gets warm, but only ac comes out of the top vents. Kinda makes sense and not a huge issue as the back still gets warm.

Im definitely gettign heat just not from the top. AC works perfect from all vents. Im starting to think this is "as designed" as the back gets plenty warm and the ac blows throught the vents.

Yes, I believe your system is working as designed. If you select rear heat from the main a/c controls in the front of the vehicle it will blow from the floor vents. I believe there is an option on the rear controls (back of the center console) to select floor or ceiling vents. Try that.

This makes sense. My wife was just worried our son wasnt getting enough heat but infact he was. The vent on the passenger side rear well area blows a TON of hot air.