Heated Seat Suddenly Blowing Cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbbco

Reaction score
I turned the driver's side seat heater to high heat today, the three red lights lit up, but it started blowing cold air. Passenger seat is working fine. I tried restarting the car to see if that would help, but no luck.
Any ideas???

justinp16ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The thermo electric device (TED) may not be working properly anymore. It's in the back of the seat.

OP
OP
C

cbbco

Reaction score
Thanks - it's working again today. If it keeps giving me trouble I'll look into replacing it.

craig72

Reaction score
The thermo electric device (TED) may not be working properly anymore. It's in the back of the seat.
My bride just reported the exact same issue on our '16 this morning. Does the seat need to come out to get to this part or can it be serviced in-place? Thanks!

justinp16ex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Unzip the seat cover to access the one in the seat back. I found it was easier to take the seat out to mess with the bottom one and inspect everything. Also check your wire connections.

OP
OP
C

cbbco

Reaction score
It only happened one time and hasn’t happened since. Not sure I would rush to replace it unless it keeps happening.