heated seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kzimmy

Reaction score
Have an 03 EB and I have questions about the seat heater. Mine work (although they're not very hot), and they shut off after 20 minutes or so (normal operation). BUT, I can't then turn them back on. The only way to re-activate them is to turn off and re-start the vehicle. Any ideas? Also, is it normal that they don't get very hot? I've used the ones on a GM product and the seat gets VERY warm, but mine are not noticably hot.

KIMRAY

Reaction score
I JUST BOUGHT AN 03 AND TOOK IT TO THE DEALER FOR THIS. HE TOLD ME IT WAS A BAD DESIGN, AND FORD KNOWS ABOUT IT. THE HOLES THE MOTOR BLOWS AIR THROUGH IS TOO CLOSE TO THE SEAT, SO WHEN YOU SET ON THE SEAT AS ITS HEATING IT BURNS OUT THE MOTOR, I BOUGHT A WARRENTY SO THEY'RE FIXING IT WITH AN UPDATED SYSTEM.

Keydo

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are you setting the dial on for the seat heater. There is a dial that ranges from 1 t o 5, 1 being the lowest and 5 the hottest.