heated seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

My heated seat on the drivers side is not working. The light comes on when I press the switch but no heat? The passenger side works fine? Any suggestions? Fuse, etc? I do not have the owners manual, took it to the dealer this past summer and I didn't get it back, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

OP
OP
G

Same problem on my 2003 EB

Just had it in to the dealer for the same problem. They had to order a new part for it. Unfortunately, I don't know what the part is.

OP
OP
G

I have a 2000 EB that has the exact same problem. Can anyone help?

OP
OP
G

My EB 2000 Expedition driver seat also doesn't work. The passenger seat works fine. The manual shows the fuse runs both seats so the problem must be either the wiring or the element. Of course the dealer needs look at it before commenting.

OP
OP
G

I have a 2003 EB with the exact same problem. I've actually been plagued with Heating/AC issues. They have had to replace the entire Heating controller as well as parts for the Rear Heat/AC.

Been to the dealership and they ordered new parts... but the dealership burnt down on Wednesday so I'm not sure when I'll be able to get this fixed!

OP
OP
G

I read a post on another web site that suggests checking for power & ground on the control module (located on the seat). Check the violet/light blue and yellow/light blue wires going to the heater. One should have 12Volts and the other Ground if the module is working. I think I'll measure up the passenger seat side and compare it to the driver seat. The dealer I go to for repairs charges $80 per hour so it may be time well spent.

OP
OP
G

Anyone know how to remove the control module off the stinking seat? I want to swap the passenger side with the driver side to see if the problem is the module or the element. I can unplug the wiring harness okay, but the module is screwed onto the bottom of the seat, and to unscrew the mount you have to remove the module. Ford really knows how to get you to go to the dealrship for repairs!!

OP
OP
G

In my experiences with heated seats, I have never replaced a module. The heater element in the seat is the source of concern.

OP
OP
G

My 2000 Eddie Bauer Expedition experienced the same problem with the driver's side heated seat. Ford diagnosed the problem as a faulty heat element. The seat now works great but the repair set me back $200.00. I don't believe I had over 2 hours logged on my heated seat. Is Quality still job #1 at Ford?

OP
OP
G

Sounds Like a Club could be formed. My Drivers seat on my 99 Eddie just stopped working. The light works but not the heat. If I can figure something out I will reply again. Sounds like the heating element is problem more times than not. One of my dealers said Around $400 to repair. I think not!!!! I will check resistance of element on both seats and get back! Thanks everyone!