Heater-knob not changing where it comes out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clok1966

Reaction score
I hate to start a new thread here as thre are lots on heaters. But Im still kinda confused. My heat works fine, blows hot. My issue is it seems when i change from floor to defrost all is good, but most other settings dont work (or rarely do) the defrost/floor blend does only defrost, etcc..

I have read ont eh blend door and i think this is just the TEMP.. the knob that adjusts how hot the air is ..correct? SO I'm assuming hwtever changes it from defrost to floor and back is vacume operated? Can anybody point me to some youtube or threads on this?

Not to big a deal as Defrost always works and it heats enough Im going to fix in nice weather. but soem research and being prepared never hurts.

driveway2fast

Reaction score
Yes the air flow (defroster, vent, floor) is vacuum controlled. The Temp (hot/cold) is controlled electronically (that's the blend door). Check your vacuum lines and reservoir.

With out vacuum it defaults to defroster

OP
OP
C

clok1966

Reaction score
thanks that just waht i needed.. So many threads on blend door, cant find much on this, maybe that cuz its an easy fix.. i hope so. Int he blend door threadsa dn video's it appers tha vacume connection is on the left side just under the dash.