Heater Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sprman4lissa

Reaction score
Hello all i'm new to the site and Expedition... I have a 98 with the 4.6 4wd and it's all stock.. my problem is that i have heat in the rear but blows cold air in front.. when i change the temp control i can hear the difference in the way air blows if that makes sense.. Was hoping someone can point me in the right direction of where to start on trouble shooting... thank you!

stamp11127

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Plenty of threads already on here concerning your problem and a few of them being very recent.....
1) Check temp of both lines to the front heater core once up to temp, both should be hot to the touch
2) Check coolant level & condition(trash)
3) Check blend door operation - may have the broken pivot problem or failed actuator.

OP
OP
sprman4lissa

sprman4lissa

Reaction score
Plenty of threads already on here concerning your problem and a few of them being very recent.....
1) Check temp of both lines to the front heater core once up to temp, both should be hot to the touch
2) Check coolant level & condition(trash)
3) Check blend door operation - may have the broken pivot problem or failed actuator.

ok.. thank for the info and i seen other posts after i did this one... I'm new to the computer internet world... lol again thanks & sorry for posting a new thread on this