Hello from Jersey

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Interceptor

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Welcome! Tell us about your ride! You'll find a great group of people here.

tallsville

Full Access Members
Reaction score
glad you came over. keep us posted on your build. so far i think most of us are jealous. we wish we could have your truck. you can probably copy and paste a link to your other build threads on expforum and 150 so people here can catch up on your ride.

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
glad you came over. keep us posted on your build. so far i think most of us are jealous. we wish we could have your truck. you can probably copy and paste a link to your other build threads on expforum and 150 so people here can catch up on your ride.

Thanks I appreciate it. No one should be jealous though. I build cool cars and trucks as my living. I will start a thread on this truck in the appropriate section if the mods don't mind, but for now here is a link to F150Online where I have a build thread.

http://www.f150online.com/forums/expedition-navigator/422571-99-expo-eb-build.html

For those who don't know, this has been an ongoing build since last year. Since this is my truck I only have a little time here and there to work on it, so there was no big rush on it. I've owned this truck since new and it has been painted once before some 6 years ago, but now I decided to use it just as a show truck. I've converted the front end to an 06 with a one off custom hood and bumper and custom headlamps. Lots of other things going on. Well check out the photos and tell me what you think. We're also currently building a custom console with an I-Pad installation in my son's 99 F150, unfortunately this isn't an F150 forum so I don't know if anyone would want to see those pics.

Thanks for inviting me over and I hope you like the build pics.

Ernie

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice build but I have a question. I see that when you painted the Expi the driver/passenger doors were removed along with the glass. Now the molding around the glass that goes on the outside was removed.
Are you re-using the molding, painting it, or buying new. Reason I ask is bc my 07's molding looks like crap and want new ones or someone told me I can paint it. But new ones arent cheap....

OP
OP
402 Motoring

402 Motoring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If your referring to the belt moldings.....they have a small clip on the end otherwise they push on. I painted mine black after properly prepping them for paint.

Here is a photo I took, you can see how glossy the moldings are.

DSC_0109.jpg

SOLISIMO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok so they can be painted, great news! I think I would do like a matte black just to keep it close to original. Thanks again.

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If your referring to the belt moldings.....they have a small clip on the end otherwise they push on. I painted mine black after properly prepping them for paint.

Here is a photo I took, you can see how glossy the moldings are.

DSC_0109.jpg

SO GANGSTA!!!! i wish i had the CASH!!!