Help disconected/broken wire What does it connect to?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

newtral

Reaction score
A couple of months ago i had work done on a coolant pipe under the intake! What a headache... shop did the work.

Now today i find this, its on the passenger side above the fuel rail,
runs ok only thing is the ABS light wont turn of, even after disconnecting the battery (turned on intermittently after a week from the repair then stayed on)

I have a RED wire coming from/near the injector wires, and a small black box with a tab and no markings with a Black wire. Red wire seems to have been painted at the end.

What is this? does That wire go to it?
I cant find any info on it!

expy broken wire.jpg

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That's an ignition or charging system noise suppressor. Supposed to keep noise and whine out of radio and/or interfering with other electronics.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'd be more worried about the Abs light. Not having anti lock brakes when you may need them, is a concern I'd be fixing at this time. Why haven't you returned to that shop, to see if they will fix it.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What year is your vehicle? And engine size 4.6/5.4?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
https://www.oempartsource.com/oem-p...MIpPqkk8as4AIVyLbACh3gpQFaEAQYBCABEgKVQPD_BwE

Pic from my 2003 5.4. Looks like red wire goes to the black wire & c shaped thing through a connector. I believe MrToby's call on what it does. If I had to guess, I'd say its a capacitor/filter between power & chassis ground. Red wires tend to be 12V power, don't they? Is there 12V on that exposed red wire? Something funky is goin on.
IMG_0587.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
N

newtral

Reaction score
Sorry for the late reply..

Its 1999, 5.4l engine. All wheel drive.

I havent gone back to that shop because months have passed and i seriously doubt they know what they are doing there.

I does have voltage, and it probably has Nothing to do with the abs (because of its location) Either way im buying the sensor that goes on the rear diff and see since its cheap.

Tomorrow morning im going to connect them, now that MR.MrToby's suggested the noise suppression and I do get electrical whine on the radio!!! Looks like the connector broke of...

Havent noticed it before because ive been using my other vehicle...

Tomorrow ill let you all know what happened!

sullybeav

Reaction score
My ABS light was on due to a wire on the front bearing hub having rubbed through. It has the ABS sensor built into it. Hub needed replacing anyway, replaced it, light off!