help help help im about to lose it!! 2004 eddie bauer stalls!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

docraymund

Full Access Members
Reaction score
You said it happens when your tank is a quarter full. My bet is its in the wiring in the fuel pump itself. Gasoline acts as an insulator. If you are not always on full tank, wires might be worn inside the tank and touching causing the pump to momentarily lose power. You need to drop the tank and inspect the fuel pump assembly.

OP
OP
P

Protege

Reaction score
Even if the fuel pump was (supposedly) replaced 2 years ago??
Ffffukkkk dropping tank and stuff such a pain on the ass!! Damn...

OP
OP
P

Protege

Reaction score
ok so i went through all paperwork they left. And in 2012 they diagnosed and replace wiring harness. (but what exactly it's not specified. Sux then in 2014 shit went down hill just before we got it.
Fuel pump and filter
AC compressor with clutch assy.
thermostat connector and hose
pcv hose
valve cover gasket
intake manifold gasket
spark plugs
egr valve
and... whole bunch of stuff not related to the engine, like fixed squeaking noise from underneath that never been fixed. it squeaks like old Russian bus. anyhow I will "go down" on her again and we will see what we missed.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
http://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/2004-eddie-bauer-fuel-pump-driver-module.30227/

Read the above link and look for the video on youtube that I mention in that link

Also I explain how to jumper the contact on the relay in order to by-pass the contacts. This will only bypass the relay contacts when the key is in the run/start position and will in no way have power on the by-pass when the key is off.

After you read the link and view the video get back to me if you need any more information.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey there protege, we'll all do our best to figure out your running problem on your SUV, but do me and the other members a huge favor. You can't be using the bad language on the forum. It's disrespectful to members, and can get you thrown off forum. Thanks for understanding and we'll get your baby fixed. Moose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk