Help! Hose stuck down dip stick tube

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trevoc

Reaction score
I was changing my oil with a fluid extractor that I got from Griot's Garage and after inserting the hose down the dipstick tube it became stuck.

I can move the hose 7 inched up and down but it will not come out.

Any suggestions? I drained the oil the conventional way and attempted to snag the tube through the drain plug but failed.

I tried twisting the hose as i pulled it up but nothing has worked.

2007 Ford Expedition EL LTD
Thanks,
CCJ

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
Wow! That sucks.

I think I would attempt to pull really hard. If it is nicked or something as it enters the dipstick tube from below and snagging it, it may break at this point. I would hope I could then fish that portion out of the drain pan. If not you may have to drop oil pan.

Maybe push in first...turn 180 degrees and try and pull out. It may hang up on one side more than the other?!

Last edited:

SkyJumper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Before you drop the pan, try taking a metal clothes hanger, straighten it out and at the very end of it, bend yourself a 1/2" piece upward to a 45 degree angle, then fish it down inside the hose and try and snag the hose to pull it up and out. The cloths hanger should be able to fit inside the hose and when pulling up once inside, should be able to snag the hose to pull up. If not able, your best bet is to drop the pan and pull it out the bottom end.