Help, No HVAC after blend door actuator replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
2005 Expedition XLT, manual HVAC with rear AC

Just finished replacing the front blend door actuator. [Was a royal pain despite finding some good videos. Ended up having to trim the part that fits in the blend door in order to seat it. Took the original apart and saw the broken gears.] Anyway, hooked everything back up, plugged in all harnesses, closed up dash. The HVAC will not turn on. Either front or rear. Tried all the different settings, different fan speeds on both front and rear. Engine gets up to normal operating temperature. When I change settings on front AC I hear a slight vacuum noise (like its changing output locations), bit the fan doesnt spin up.

Blower motor was replaced in spring 2019, rear blend door actuator was replaced ~5 years ago. System was functioning properly before todays front actuator repair. [Well except the blend door wouldnt reliably change from hot to cool because actuator was faulty]. Per another posting I found on here, I checked fuses 5, 11,13,14 and 33. All were good except there was no fuse 33.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check for loose connections at the HVAC controls. Possible one is loose or incorrect after taking the panels off.

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll check in the daylight to make sure no pins are bent. There was 1 thicker orange cable which went from the wiring harness I needed to move to get to the actuator which split off and routed across the actuator. Not sure what the one was for, but it definitely was jostled.

OP
OP
I
Reaction score
Went back out this morning and one of the harnesses had dropped behind opening so I'd forgotten to plug it in. Plugged it right up and everything is working. Thanks for your help.