Help to identify a part please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

effingpot

Reaction score
Hi,
The plastic moulding on the side of the driver seat has broken on my 2015 Expedition XLT 5.4L (not a US model but physically the same as the 2015 smaller engine models). I've looked on RockAuto and other places but can't seem to find what I actually need to order. I live in the UK so it's not that simple to pop into a Ford Dealer for help so, if anyone here can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.
Photo attached.
Thanks
Mike

2019-08-28 13.18.27.jpg

Last edited:

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi,
The plastic moulding on the side of the driver seat has broken on my 2015 Expedition XLT 4.5L (not a US model but physically the same as the 2015 smaller engine models). I've looked on RockAuto and other places but can't seem to find what I actually need to order. I live in the UK so it's not that simple to pop into a Ford Dealer for help so, if anyone here can point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.
Photo attached.
Thanks
Mike

View attachment 31785

There is another post on this forum about the seat trim piece you show.

It lists the part number and how to replace it. If you do a little searching, you’ll find it.

I own a 2015 Expedition Limited 4x4 with the Dune interior.

EDIT: Here is a link: https://www.expeditionforum.com/threads/2015-expedition-drivers-seat-trim-repair.40558/#post-358661

OP
OP
effingpot

effingpot

Reaction score
Thanks - I'd seen that thread but clearly missed the part number info which I'll need to order it. I'll dig further.
Rgds
Mike

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4.5l, seriously? That's a thing?

Link to specs please, wanna satisfy my curiosity... google seems to think it doesn't exist, most of the links are to typos of 4.6l and 5.4l

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
4.5l, seriously? That's a thing?

Link to specs please, wanna satisfy my curiosity... google seems to think it doesn't exist, most of the links are to typos of 4.6l and 5.4l
He meant 3.5. Thts the only motor made for 2015s

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Ahh I thought it was some EcoEuro thing...

they got a lot of oddballs like 3 cylinder engines, sports sedans with two digita of horses on the base models, etc there

OP
OP
effingpot

effingpot

Reaction score
[He meant 3.5. That's the only motor made for 2015]

Haha - you sound like my local Ford Dealer who looked at my car and the VIN and then told me it didn't exist! Even though he could see it! :(

I meant 5.4L actually. You are right though - it doesn't "exist" as far as I can tell either! The story goes that there were a small batch of them made for a Middle Eastern order that fell through (hence the Arabic writing I see), they were put into storage until a mate in Liverpool bought most of them and I got one. I've also tried to find the spec but not managed to. So I own something that doesn't exist. How exciting!! :)

Physically parts for the 2015 3.5L seem to fit, though I still can't find the p/n or order details for the seat trim :(

Flexpedition

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is pretty interesting. So your 8th digit in the VIN is the letter L (for 5.4L) and not a letter G (for 3.5L EB) ??

Is there arabic outside of the owners manual?

OP
OP
effingpot

effingpot

Reaction score
The VIN 8th digit is actually 5 and there is Arabic on the rear view mirrors for example.

Anyone know the answer to the question in post one while we're here? :)

Last edited: