Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Myoung78

Reaction score
I have a 05 expedition with a 5.4 with 172,000 miles. I replaced all spark plugs at 140,000 miles. I'm still getting #4 misfire. I replaced COP and plug and am still getting #4 misfire. I have a loud rattle upon start which goes away. Can anyone help me?

splintrcel

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If its not the plug and not the coil it could be the ignition wiring harness

Dsolis12

Reaction score
Please let me know what you find.....this exact thing happened to me and I put a new coil a new plug a new Injector and new connectors on the injector and the coil....still misfire on #4. Took it to the dealership and they said low compression on #4 and #5 but no misfire codes on #5. They wanted to tear it down and tell me to do an entire rebuild, best case scenario 2k$. I said no thanks just slight misfire at idle, only has 111k and it's getting 18.7 mpg so it can't be that bad. But I don't know where to go from here. I'm going to start looking at some other posts to see if I can get direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk