Hesitation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tom018

Reaction score
My 05 has a hesitation under acceleration just before it upshifts. Any ideas. I just replaeced the TPS but that did nothing. Need help. Thanks

JUST4FUN

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
has the gas filter been changed at all

OP
OP
T

Tom018

Reaction score
OK. I now have had the vehicle stall on my twice. It stalled at low speed at an idle, as if its not getting fuel.

I got a code of P2112 from auto zone. It says Binding throttle body-Stuck closed. I recently replaced the TPS, and cleaned out the throttle body today. It was gunked up pretty good but plate was not sticking that I could tell, as car would always start back up.

Anyway. After cleaning throttle body I was going to replace fuel filter (thought maybe clogged filter is casuing hesitation and no fuel at idle) but could not find it.

Where is it located. DO I need to depressurized fuel line or can I just take old one off and put new one on, ect...

Thanks

OP
OP
T

Tom018

Reaction score
How do you adjust it? It was just a small black box.

I just removed the old one, used the two srews to fasten the new one back on, plugged it in and off I went. All was good for about a week and a half then she started acting up again with the stalling at idle once in a great while.

outkast

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hi. just wondering, what are quad captain chairs?

it means the second row is captain chairs as is the front.

Tom018, the tps should have slotted holes for the screws...you "tilt" the tps sensor until it reads correct voltage at idle posistion...but I do not know specs fr it.

I was gonna vote for a dirty or bad IAC motor, until you said the code.

Last edited: