Hey guys, tell me what you think!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
someone needs to use bedliner on their flares and take it off roading and do a long term test....lol I want to paint mine but need to it last and look good when I go to shows... gonna go this weekend to my friends body shop and see about getting all the tan professionally painted... but I like the idea of DIY bedliner... just wish I would know how it holds up

O yeah looks good... I hate the tan ford used....

Last edited:

nvycrmn

Full Access Members
Reaction score
why dont you pick up an extra set off craigslist or something walnuts and then you have "show flares" and "everyday flares" that you can paint!

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
do what they did on xtreme 4x4. primer, bed liner, paint, clear coat! i like the look of my truck. Dark red, black and a little bit of chrome! just perfect amount. the rims being chrome was kind of ******* me off. so i painted them black. made them look nice. expy you should bed line the fenders and top of the bumper and spray them a darker black. so it looks better.

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'll look into it a little bit more this weekend, I know it'll look good... I'm just scared to do it.

How do you take off the flares anyways?

panda24619

Full Access Members
Reaction score
a cut here and a cut there and some paint grinding and then it should come off in pieces! haha no i dont have them, but from it looks like you either just pop them off or in the wheel well you can undo some bolts. i've never looked under there so yeah.

jacks3am

Full Access Members
Reaction score
haha you guys ill do it! i am going to today, im starting with the bumpers! then the fenders, ill probally be done with it by the end of the day

the only way to remove the fenders is to remove the bolts that visibly hold on the flare, then you pull up! its a ***** to get them back on!

Last edited:
OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Let me know how you took off the fender trim and post pics of how it looks, I'll do mine tomorrow if it looks good.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why dont you pick up an extra set off craigslist or something walnuts and then you have "show flares" and "everyday flares" that you can paint!

I would but the great state of NY sucks for craigslist... and JY want way too much for them up here... in a state were everything rusts even rusty JY parts are expensive... thats why i usually shop ebay for deals... but gonna find out this weekend what I am gonna do to paint my tan... gonna go visit my body shop friends....lol

OP
OP
NC-Expy

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would but the great state of NY sucks for craigslist... and JY want way too much for them up here... in a state were everything rusts even rusty JY parts are expensive... thats why i usually shop ebay for deals... but gonna find out this weekend what I am gonna do to paint my tan... gonna go visit my body shop friends....lol

I was about to take them off today, got the 4 bolts off the bottom, then was surprised to find there were four more pretty inaccessible ones behind the actually fender trim. Then I got mad and put the other four back on.

Then I got even more frustrated when I tried to take off my tow hitch to paint that as well, but you can read about that in my other thread.

Having rusty bolts on an 11 year old truck sucks.

I'll probably just paint them while they're on it.