HID Headlight Conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dutchie

Reaction score
I was looking at the HID conversion kit on daytimebrightlites.com. I’ve seen many posts about replacing the halogen bulb with LED bulbs, but I’m not sold. I’d like to find out if any forum members have used this kit and what the results were.

rob4092xx

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the dealer do the conversion for me. They installed HID bulbs and ballasts. They had to remove the front fender for the install so it wasn't cheap! They sure work great however!

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I had the dealer do the conversion for me. They installed HID bulbs and ballasts. They had to remove the front fender for the install so it wasn't cheap! They sure work great however!

When my dealer suggested to Ford that they wanted to install LED's in our '18 XLT (like the Platinum) to replace the OEM low beam, Ford shut them down period. Ford said doing so would require a software change and ++. Ford would provide no installation information.

The intent was to get rid of the hard horizontal low beam line.

Do you still have that horizontal line separating lit road below and black above?

Mark

OP
OP
Dutchie

Dutchie

Reaction score
Projector lenses, as found on non-LED Expeditions, have a horizontal cut-off to prevent the halogen bulbs from blinding oncoming drivers.

Sometimes you see HID bulbs installed in reflector light assemblies (without projectors) and that light pattern is all over the place.

I may just bite the bullet and install these HIDs.

Markg2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well if you do please report back. From my perspective, I can't get my arms around the idea that any bulb will significantly increase visibility absent getting rid the (horizontal) reflector and doing as headlights have done for the past hundred years...aiming down to the left.