ALLA LED headlights issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ViperVette

Reaction score
I installed ALLA LEDs in my main headlights and my fogs on my 2021 XLT-FX4 about 2 years ago. All was fine until a week ago when the passenger side low beam light got dimmer.
Is this a common issue? Seems like they should last a lot longer than 2 years!?

What should I replace them with? Or, is there something I should or check?

Thanks!

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The quality of the eastern ‘brands’ tends to rise and fall with the tides. Just get another set. I had a switchback turn signal fail, just purchased another set, different brand, and went on with life.

The headlights, beams and fogs have been fine for the past 3 years or so. I believea mix of Hikari, ALLA an JDM. Whatever seemed to have good reviews at the time.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The quality of the eastern ‘brands’ tends to rise and fall with the tides. Just get another set. I had a switchback turn signal fail, just purchased another set, different brand, and went on with life.

The headlights, beams and fogs have been fine for the past 3 years or so. I believea mix of Hikari, ALLA an JDM. Whatever seemed to have good reviews at the time.
This. Cheap "No Name" off of Amazon are a crap shoot, and honestly most have actual less light output than a classic good brand Halogen. Many times they are not sending light correctly to bounce off the reflector.

OP
OP
ViperVette

ViperVette

Reaction score
Any good recommendations given it’s a new year and it’s been over two years since I bought these?

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Light output is more important to me than looks, so I would go Silverstar Ultra in a regular reflector housing. It is a Halogen. Won’t last 2 years, but light output will be far superior.

Otherwise, do the same brand, or what @sjwhiteley said, and read the recent reviews.

sjwhiteley

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Light output is more important to me than looks, so I would go Silverstar Ultra in a regular reflector housing. It is a Halogen. Won’t last 2 years, but light output will be far superior.

Otherwise, do the same brand, or what @sjwhiteley said, and read the recent reviews.
That is a bulb I had thought of going with if the LEDs didn’t work out in the projectors. Just treat it as a consumable, which I think, even high output LEDs are. Even factory LEDs fail for one reason or another (albeit at a potentially lower rate), but you have to open your wallet to fix them.

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Check out https://www.bulbfacts.com/ for information on better quality halogen and LED bulbs in different housings (reflector or projector). Link helped me make decisions on what I wanted to install.

OP
OP
ViperVette

ViperVette

Reaction score
Check out https://www.bulbfacts.com/ for information on better quality halogen and LED bulbs in different housings (reflector or projector). Link helped me make decisions on what I wanted to install.
Thanks! I know these are consumable items but I thought they would last longer than 2 years - or, is that the the life expectancy of LEDs these days?