HIDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98EBEXPY

Full Access Members
Reaction score
well guys i have two extra ballast and two extra bulbs that i bought for the cougar (long story on how i ended up the extra HID kits) anyway i know the expy has dual beam bulbs the cougar uses seprate bulbs for high and low beam to get to the point i wanna use them on the expy modifying the bulb will be easy
or i may put them in the fogs ,what do yall think BTW the HID bulb is a 9006

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
98EB, check your local laws about having high beams. Some states require them, some don't. The bulbs that you have are only a single beam and would therefore remove your high beams. I would recommend putting them into your fog lights unless you are planning new headlight housings that have separate high and low beams.

alaskanexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
i'd throw them in the foglights and get a bi-xeon kit for the heads. i have one from vvme(?) off ebay in my expy(also in my excursion, my dads explorer and my f-250) i've had oen kit since 2007 and no issues. cheap and work great plus its nice having highbeam(not a halogen piggy back)

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I only have single beam HIDs... non bi-xeon.... but they are bright enough that I don't need highbeams and if I do usually just turn on my Hellas.... but another good ebay company that is cheap but great service is HIDgate... have a 1 or 2 year warranty on bulbs... I broke one offroading in my fogs and they sent me a new one free

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 9006 bulb should fit in the 9145/9140 fog light slot. Then, just get a bi-xenon kit (not one with the halogen bulb ***********) for the heads. The bi-xenon kits have an extra connection to control the solenoid that connects to the relay harness. You current kit does not have this connection (though I would assume it's just a tap into the high beam circuit.)

If you don't already have them, get clear headlights. The fresnel lights rob you of light.

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
and hids behind a frensel light.......holy glare batman. (more than normal!!)