Hood swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Ok, in my ever active mind, I have a new idea that I am floating around and maybe someone here can help me out. What I am envisioning here is getting a 2011 truck and pulling the hood off of it and putting the Raptor hood on it. The question is, will the hood just bolt on or will it need to also have the Raptor fenders. Ultimately, is the hood the same width as a standard hood? I know the grill section is different and I have plans for that already (taps his fingers together like a devious villain).

If you know, please pass on the info. Oh the ideas, oh the ideas. Be very afraid.

NC-Expy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have no clue. But I would search for replacement hoods for both vehicles and then find the dimensions under the specifications and see if they match up.

JDMitchell

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not a betting man, but I would guess that there would at least be some mild fabrication of the fenders and hood to get everything to match up.

2000eb

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm not a betting man, but I would guess that there would at least be some mild fabrication of the fenders and hood to get everything to match up.

i slightly agree just change "some mild" to "alot of" haha

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ask dude with tasca...he has all the tools to find out at his disposal...

toms89

technical advisor
Reaction score
If you see someone with a raptor ask him to pull over and start measuring. :)

OP
OP
Thermo

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Looked at a Raptor today and looking at things, the hoods should be swappable with no modification to the metal. I still haven't put a tape measure on things, but using the windshield as a "measure", the raptor and the F-150 have the hood lines going to the same points. The grille is a different monster, but I have that one under control. Thank goodness for a mig welder. He he he he he he.

SaulHeyman

Reaction score
Ok, in my ever active mind, I have a new idea that I am floating around and maybe someone here can help me out. What I am envisioning here is getting a 2011 truck and pulling the hood off of it and putting the Raptor hood on it. The question is, will the hood just bolt on or will it need to also have the Raptor fenders. Ultimately, is the hood the same width as a standard hood? I know the grill section is different and I have plans for that already (taps his fingers together like a devious villain).

If you know, please pass on the info. Oh the ideas, oh the ideas. Be very afraid.

Yea, you're gonna need a bigger boat. Why not just get a new raptor and keep the hood? You would have to do a lot of body work to get it just right. It may work with another F150 but if your putting it on an expedition, I wouldn't bet on it!

OP
OP
Thermo

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
Saul, this would be going on an F-150. It would be a dramatic step away from what I have now. The F-150 would have a custom grille, be lowered on bags, and probably have a lot of things shaved off. I am feeling a need for a change.

The reason why I am asking is I am looking for more of a retro style compared to what Ford has done. Ultimately, I am wanting a straight line at the bottom of the hood that runs straight across the top of the headlights. The Raptor's hood does that. This would give me more of a late 70's look to the truck. Ultimately, this is the look that I am shooting for:
1414252.jpg

Kinda a dramatic step away from what others have. But, then, this is me. Always looking for something slightly different.