How do i disassemble the driver side (mirror) turn signal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oletruckdude

Reaction score
My drivers side (mirror) turn signal shows signs of water leakage inside the lens. I want to disassemble it, clean it, and check it's gasket. I can only find 1 small t10 screw up under the edge of the signal lens, but it still won't come out. I tried to find a repair manual at the parts store, but they tell me there's none available for my 04 expy.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

ELVATO

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea, they don't have manuals for the 03+ Expy's. Kinnda sucks.

Take off mirror. Disconnect connector if you have heated glass:
S3JusenfileA0070105_gifgenref.gif

Slide the lamp assembly away from the vehicle, release the tabs and remove the signal mirror lamp assembly. Careful not to break any tabs:
S3JusenfileA0043104_gifgenref.gif

This second picture is from a Navi, but an Expedition should be similar.

BTW, these are the same directions to change out your turn signal bulb if it burns out :)

To install, reverse above directions.

OP
OP
O

oletruckdude

Reaction score
Thanks!

That's just what I needed to know!
Thanks very much!
Oletruckdude

wink

Reaction score
You can not just replace a bulb in these because they are LED’s. So you must replace the whole signal unit. well the above diagram is really helpful. then you will not need to send your car from south carolina auto repair shops.

Last edited:

KingRatt

Reaction score
Anyone know the description of the screw for the turn signal lense. I know it is a t-10 but mine broke.

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
There's a phillips head screw to remove. You can access it by folding the mirror housing back to expose the screw head ( DO NOT Remove the mirror glass...). Then you move the mirror glass outer edge to get behind the glass and with a longish flat screw driver manipulate the spring clip that holds the turn signal housing up in the housing. Push it skinny so it'll pass through the hole and drop the turn signal.

Clear Replacement Lens on Amazon

Use a long flat screw driver to compress this spring clip to pass down through the hole....
UHBq0o.jpg

Fold the mirror housing to access this phillips screw ....
Ml7W6f.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65