How hard is it to replace factory seat covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Thinking about replacing my factory leather seat covers, but not sure how difficult the process is for someone who has never done it before. Do the seats have to be removed from the vehicle?

If it's a difficult process, about how much would an upholstery shop charge for the labor?

RI-Matt

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you've never done something like this before you might want to look into an auto upholstery shop. Its not rocket science but it takes time and basic knowledge of how it all goes together. I replaced my interior on my old 150, swapping cloth to leather, and was a pain. There are a lot of hog rings holding everything in place. Also, the headrests were a huge PITA. All said and done it was a major inprovement but not something I would look forward to doing again.

And yes the seats have to be removed from the vehicle. If doing it yourself plan on having the vehicle out of service for a few days. Since I needed my F150 on a daily basis I did the front seats the first weekend and then the rears the following weekend.

Matt

OP
OP

911jason

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh, bummer... that sounds daunting. I wouldn't have to redo the headrests, since they are in fine condition and are the same color as the replacements.

I'll have to look around to see if there are any online guides or videos.

kevinw2345

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Damn i was wondering the same thing. My drivers seat in my truck the leather is all ripped and cracked. Damn you know aprox how much is would cost?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiscoford