How Many Miles Between Oil Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

whowey

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm running mine up to a premium synthetic with a LONG OCI. So this time is 7,500. The next is 10k. This is on full synthetic.

I'm very wary of anything called synthetic blend. There is no actual standard for what makes a synthetic blend. So it can be 99.99% group II conventional and one drop of Group IV synthetic.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm seeing filters rated up 15,000 miles. Seems crazy to go that far to me but the new diesels are going 50k so maybe not

tojohnso

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of the things I've been toying with is taking oil samples and sending to a lab for testing. We do it with our diesel gensets at work and the info they come back with is awesome. I've found that you can extend the life of your oil by knowing how it's holding up. In fact, there are many who just change their filters and top off the oil in their heavy equipment. What they found was the new oil added to top off had enough agents to revitalize the old oil.

KWT2000

Full Access Members
Reaction score
One of the things I've been toying with is taking oil samples and sending to a lab for testing. We do it with our diesel gensets at work and the info they come back with is awesome. I've found that you can extend the life of your oil by knowing how it's holding up. In fact, there are many who just change their filters and top off the oil in their heavy equipment. What they found was the new oil added to top off had enough agents to revitalize the old oil.

I do this on my semi with bypass filtration my avg oil change is 370,000 miles with samples at 30,000 with filter changes