How many Miles on your 4th Gen Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lurch

Reaction score
2019, 85K. I've had the cam phasers replaced, the rear diff serviced, the moonroof replaced, and the rear windshield wiper fluid tubing replaced. I have not had to have it in for service in quite a while now. I am hoping that I have gremlins worked out and can put another 85K on it before buying another vehicle.

FalconDriver

Reaction score
44k on a ‘20 model. About to go into the shop again for transmission issues, horrible clunk between 7th-8th gear and when downshifting into 2nd. They plan to perform a valve body overhaul per Ford TSB. I like the vehicle but this doesn’t create a lot of confidence for longevity.

blue_roster_cult

Reaction score
About 160k on our 2018. I had the cams done under warranty before 100k. They still rattle very briefly on startup. Wastegates rattle. I replaced a vvt solenoid last summer. Replaced both upstream o2 sensors. I do oil changes at a minimum of 8k miles. I have put plugs in once since I’ve owned it (purchased at 70k iirc), probably around 100k (it is due, but is not misfiring). I replaced a coolant junction at the firewall. I turned off my cat sensors last summer and actually removed the cats, because they supposedly need replaced (not ideal or legal, and I’ve taken flack for it from this forum). I intend to put them back on, but haven’t yet.

It could run better and I could put some money into it to achieve that, but it still runs pretty darn good.

OP
OP

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How much did your dealer charge you to change out the 6 spark plugs? My local Ford dealer wanted $900 just to change out spark plugs. lol
Sorry I forgot to check invoice. My dealer charged $418.14 for six new plugs and labor, work done at the end of 2021.

Mr Big

Full Access Members
Reaction score
68,400 on my 2019 Certified Pre-Owned Platinum. I just received it a week and a half ago. I drove it maybe 200 miles. Feels like a new vehicle. Too early to tell.

ROBERT BONNER

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I rolled 39K on my '20 XLT FX4 MAX yesterday. I've added a Hellwig rear sway bar, HID headlamps.

Warranty replacement of front camera washer checkvalve. I still have to take it in for the Windshield Wiper recall. Had right rear shock blow out a year ago, replaced both rears with Bilstein's (bought 3/4" drive 48" breaker bar and torque transducer to hit the 400+ ft-lb torque spec on the bottom bolts- wahoo). Will need tires soon, I'll probably put Defenders on it. Turbos are rattling; I'll put springs on them next week and report. Occaisional surprise hard downshifts still cause me to look in the rearview mirror for loose parts.

Best hunting wagon I've had since my '05 Excursion. Travels great at Western Interstate three digit speeds, and on whatever I need to go through off road. Just did a 250 mile round trip with Boy Scouts following in convoy (constant acceleration and decelleration) still got 22 mpg on 87 Octane... which is a surprise and delight for me. The 6.8L Excursion would have gotten about half that.

SyndicateZ

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Turbos are rattling; I'll put springs on them next week and report.
I need my turbos silenced by springs too. When u get around to it indeed let us know the steps you took and how they sound after. I assume the vehicle will need to be lifted and possibly wheels removed for access