How to Disable Modem on 2023 Expedition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nemo1026

Reaction score
Is there a way to completely disable the modem on the 2023 Ford Expedition? I don't want to just turn off wifi but want to completely disable or turn off the modem. Thank you so much.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why? The truck is a connected device. Nav needs it, OTA updates needs it, doing it takes away many of it's features including FordPass. I get turning off the parts that cause you to have to pay, but everything I mentioned is free.

rd618

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I read this and thought he doesn't want satellites tracking him ;)
either way, I don't think you can disable the modem without throwing codes or disabling other systems at the same time.

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I read this and thought he doesn't want satellites tracking him ;)
either way, I don't think you can disable the modem without throwing codes or disabling other systems at the same time.
Correct. Probably used a Cell phone to post this...but doesn't want to be tracked by his car...:rolleyes:.

You can disable location tracking without disabling the Modem, yes AT&T still knows the GPS location of the Modem, but it isn't sent to Ford I believe. That would negatively affect Connected Nav.

They bought the wrong vehicle if they don't want it to be connected.

Last edited:

Andy B

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is there a way to completely disable the modem on the 2023 Ford Expedition? I don't want to just turn off wifi but want to completely disable or turn off the modem. Thank you so much.

The wifi is served via the modem.