How to install a real oil pressure gauge in a 5.4 (with pictures)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
They make a gauge pod for the A pillar of the F-150. I installed a oil pressure and volt gauge on my zero turn tractor. It runs about 28psi idle and 40psi while using. The volt gauge is nice for checking the battery.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They make a gauge pod for the A pillar of the F-150. I installed a oil pressure and volt gauge on my zero turn tractor. It runs about 28psi idle and 40psi while using. The volt gauge is nice for checking the battery.
Thanks but this is out of sight pretty much and the stock battery gauge is all I need plus I have a multimeter if in doubt. I start using the multimeter after 4 or 5 years of having a new battery.

rjdelp7

2000 XLT
Reaction score
Thanks but this is out of sight pretty much and the stock battery gauge is all I need plus I have a multimeter if in doubt. I start using the multimeter after 4 or 5 years of having a new battery.
Here's my gauge install. You can see my battery is 12.1V and needed to be back on the battery maintainer.IMG_0163[1].JPG IMG_0163[1].JPG IMG_0163[1].JPG

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great write up! Thanks! Might do this while I’m doing the tensioner replacement since I’m now getting the “death rattle” on startup.

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Great write up! Thanks! Might do this while I’m doing the tensioner replacement since I’m now getting the “death rattle” on startup.
It's not that hard, just make sure you get the sandwich with all 1/8" NPT ports or you will pay more and have to block of the oil cooler ports otherwise. I'm glad to see it shows 35 PSI with hot oil and in gear. Those without a real gauge could have 10 PSI and in need of a new oil pump.

NTX2008XPY

Reaction score
thanks for the info..what is the brand & model for the sandwhich adapter you used? How long did it take you from start to finish?

OP
OP
07navi

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
thanks for the info..what is the brand & model for the sandwhich adapter you used? How long did it take you from start to finish?
China special but they are all basically the same, just make sure it has 2 oil sealing rings and the sleeve/filter bore is 22mm. I didn't take long but they lied about having a warehouse in the USA. If I wasn't so tight I would have gotten one locally.